With the school year beginning these last couple of weeks it’s time to start thinking about your senior portraits and of course the big question….what are you going to wear? It can be super difficult to figure out just what to wear on your photo shoot. Luckily all of our sessions do come with a 1 hour consultation where we go through your clothing and come up with the perfect outfits! Below are some tips.
1. Layers – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE layers! They make any outfit fashionable! Plus, it gives you multiple looks. Take that blazer off for a few shots and it’s almost like you got in another outfit!
2. Patterns – Don’t be afraid of them! Back in the day they said to be basic but basic doesn’t show your personality. You have style. Just be sure to stay away from loud patterns and stick to ones that can be easily paired with solids to break it up. Think bold stripes and polka dots.
3. Accessorize – Belts, hats, necklaces and hair pieces are a must! They can make any cute outfit even more fab!! And those hair pieces can help in really changing your look when you change outfits.
4. Variety – Don’t bring a bunch of jeans and tops or a bunch of dresses and heels. Maybe you’re feminine, stylish, a little sporty, love country music, can be preppy and addicted to all things vintage. Shouldn’t your wardrobe show all of these sides of you? We think so.
5. Undergarments – I know, NOT what you’d thought I’d mention but probably one of the most important! Always make sure you shop for or bring undergarments that go well under your clothing. Wearing spaghetti straps? You need a strapless bra. Wearing white pants? Those bright blue undies aren’t going to work. Always try everything on and move around a bit in it before your session to check and make sure everything looks right and stays in place.
If you are needing some inspiration feel free to check out our Pinterest board with lots of ideas.